Scandinavian vintage hand blown glass wall lamp from Fåglvik glasbruk (Fåglvik glass factory).
Glass factory in Fåglavik was founded in 1874 by the merchant AM Andersson from Göteborg. He was forced to spend the night in Fåglavik when the train he was traveling with got stuck in a snow storm. Wholesaler Andersson was looking for a suitable place to build a glass factory and found that Fåglaviks environment was a good fit.
Fåglaviks glass factory was in his time one of the largest tourist destination West Sweden. Several busloads of day could come to look at the glass factory, and above all to glass factory outlet store.
The glass factory in Fåglavik was closed in 1978, and the buildings were demolished in september 2007